Criterion RD 1000 Overview
You may have to use basal area for variable plot cruising and determine if questionable “borderline” trees are in or out of the plot. You may also have to measure a tree diameter anywhere on the stem and verify the height at which specific diameters occur. This is all easier said than done considering the available tools and technology you are most likely used to.
Criterion RD 1000 Video
If you have worked in the forest before, you don’t need to be reminded how hard it can be to position yourself in just the right spot for your equipment to work properly. Let’s then take away decent lighting conditions so you can struggle to take those black markings found with your equipment’s scope, and align them with a dark colored tree.
This is precisely why Laser Technology developed the Criterion RD 1000 – the first-of-its-kind measurement tool designed with forestry professionals in mind.
Imagine the flexibility you would have if your measurement lines were adjustable, so you no longer had to be at a set distance away from a tree. This functionality alone will make your life easier because you choose where to stand, not your equipment. You can even decide if the row of LEDs in the sighting scope are a “solid bar” or as a “gap bar,” depending upon your circumstance.
It is now possible for you to adjust the level of brightness so you can actually see your measurement bar scales in all kinds of lighting conditions. Your production will vastly increase because you will no longer have downtime due to the circumstances of your surroundings.
What about the luxury of having a direct read-out of your measurements? Even though you may be used to referring to complicated charts for calculations, imagine how nice it would be to get a direct read-out of slope, heights and diameters displayed right in the eyepiece, which will update continuously as you adjust the controls.
By integrating a tilt sensor within the Criterion RD 1000, you can use it as a dendrometer and measure diameters anywhere on the stem as well as the height at which a specific diameter occurs. It can also be used as a slope-corrected Basal Area scope for variable plot cruising. Obtain diameter accuracy of +/- 0.25 inch out to 80 feet away from the tree by utilizing the included detachable magnifying lens.
Accurate, lightweight, multi-functional, dependable and relatively inexpensive best describes the Criterion RD 1000. Are you ready to start measuring more, while moving less?
How the Criterion RD 1000 Measures Up:
- Measure the diameter of tree stems or limbs as well as the heights at which a specified diameter occurs.
- Verify BAF values ranging from 1 to 127 ft2/acre.
- View the percent slope grade of a plot and slope-correct the BAF scale in steep terrain.
- Determine In or Out for “borderline” tree by simply shooting it with the laser.
- Adjust the brightness levels of the in-scope LED to accommodate any lighting condition.
- Shift the illuminated measurement scales instead of positioning yourself at a distance.
- Displays direct read-outs of measurements on the in-scope LED.
- Measure slope grades and have every measurement be slope-corrected with the integrated tilt sensor.
- Enjoy seamless integration with all LTI’s laser rangefinders and compatible software for greater efficiency.